Microsoft business applications are a range of solutions which can be used to solve numerous business problems.
Dynamics 365 business applications are business solutions that can be used to help organizations on their digital transformation journeys.
Digital transformation is defined as the technological transformation of an organization to help improve it’s business operations.
It involves the complete transformation of all parts of an organization such as it’s business processes, culture and customer experiences.
Dynamics 365 applications are made spilt into three types and they are:
- Model-drive apps
- Finance and operations apps
- Business Central
- Model-driven apps: Dynamics 365 has numerous model driven apps which are built on the Microsoft Dataverse platform.
Microsoft Dataverse is a storage device that is used to securely store and manage the data that is used in the Dynamics 365.
The Dynamics 365 model-driven apps include the following :
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Customer Service.
- Customer relationship management: Customer relationship management (CRM) is an application that is used to help organizations manage their customer activities. These activities include managing tracking sales opportunities, analyzing customer behavior, and creating customized reports and dashboards.
- Dynamics 365 Sales: Dynamics 365 Sales application is a business solution which is used to build strong customer relationships. It can be used to manage your customer sales data from lead to sales order, manage customer sales data and create marketing lists and campaigns.
- Dynamics 365 Customer Service: Dynamics 365 Customer Service is a business solution that is used to build great customer relationships. It has data analysis and customer service tools which can help manage the customer service processes.
- Dynamics 365 Field Service: Dynamics 365 Field Service is used to provide onsite services to customer locations. The application has workflow automation functionalities that help the users resolve numerous on site issues.
- Dynamics 365 Marketing: Dynamics 365 Marketing is a workflow application that can be used to turn potential customers into customers.
2. Finance and operations apps: Dynamics 365 also has several Finance and applications which are Dynamics 365 Commerce, Dynamics 365 Finance, Dynamics 365 Human Resources and Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management.
- Dynamics 365 Commerce: Dynamics 365 Commerce is a business solution that can be used to build brand loyalty through customer engagements. This could help increase revenue and reduce costs.
- Dynamics 365 Finance: Dynamics 365 Finance is a business solution that is used to automate the financial operations. It can be used to analyze data, predict future outcomes, and make data-driven strategic decisions.
- Dynamics 365 Human Resources: Dynamics 365 Human Resources is a business solution that can be used to automate Human Resource departmental processes. These processes include employee onboarding, leave applications, benefits administration, training and performance reviews.
- Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management: Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management is a business solution that can be used to manage manufacturing and supply chain operations. It uses Artificial Intelligence to manage manufacturing and supply chain operations processes such as planning, production, inventory, warehouse, and transportation management. This can help improve operational efficiency and minimize costs.
3. Business Central: Dynamics 365 Business Central is a business solution that can be used to manage an organization’s manage manufacturing and supply chain processes. It can help organizations manage their supply chain cycle, from purchase orders, to inventory management and then to product delivery. It can also be used to process sales orders, and post and manage transactions.