TOGAF is an enterprise architecture framework that helps in the definition of business objectives and their alignment with architecture goals in enterprise software development.
Total Organizational Governance Architecture Framework ( TOGAF) is an enterprise architecture technique that provides a high-level framework for organizational software development.
TOGAF helps in the organization of the development process by using a systematic method that aims to reduce errors, manage timetables, remain on budget, and integrate IT with business divisions in order to produce high-quality outputs.
TOGAF, like other IT management frameworks, assists organizations in aligning IT goals with overall business objectives and organizing cross-departmental IT operations.
Before a project begins, TOGAF helps in defining and organizing requirements, allowing the process to go quickly and with minimal errors.
The TOGAF framework is divided into two sections, which are:
- TOGAF essential material : this core content covers all of TOGAF’s essentials and best practices , which serve as the framework’s base.
- The TOGAF expanded advice : the extended advice section covers subjects including agile methodologies, business architecture, data and information architecture, and security architecture.
- The TOGAF extended advice section is anticipated to evolve over time as more best practises are identified, whilst the core information provides a basic starting point for anyone interested in using the framework.
What are TOGAF objectives?
TOGAF, according to the Open Group, is designed to accomplish the following objectives:
- Ascertain that everyone is speaking the same language.
- Standardize on open approaches for enterprise architecture to avoid lock-in to proprietary solutions.
- Save time and money, and make better use of your resources.
- Obtain a measurable return on investment
- Provide a comprehensive view of an organization’s environment.
- Assist organizational transformation by acting as a flexible, scalable foundation.
- Allow organizations of various sizes and industries to work off the same enterprise architecture standard.
TOGAF is a framework for implementing software technologies in a structured and organised manner, with a focus on governance and achieving business goals.
Software development necessitates collaboration between different departments and business units both inside and outside of IT, and TOGAF aids in resolving any challenges that might occur with bringing important stakeholders onboard.
TOGAF is designed to assist in the development of a systematic approach to streamlining enterprise architecture and the development process so that it can be copied with as few faults or difficulties as possible when each phase of development passes through different hands.
It helps to bring clarity to everyone involved by developing a common language that bridges the gap between IT and the business side.