So you think that you are ready to write the CBAP or CCBA exam, but are you sure ?
Take this mock test to see how you would measure up against the real exams.
1. Which statement best describes the relationship between the senior business analyst (BA) and project manager (PM) when planning the resources and tasks for business analysis activities?
A. BA manages all stakeholders, PM manages project team.
B. BA assigns all team roles, PM manages team work efforts.
C. BA oversees project processes, PM manages overall project.
D. BA manages business analysis work, PM manages overall project.
2. Outputs from determining business analysis activities include the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and an activity list. What is defined in the activity list?
A. Activity descriptions and logical dependencies
B. Resource effort estimates and resource assignments
C. Detailed descriptions and resource assignments
D. Resource effort and activity duration estimates
3. What is used to define an area that is undergoing analysis, both in an organization and with its external stakeholders?
4. What output is produced from conducting stakeholder analysis?
A. Stakeholder summary matrix and chart
B. Stakeholder roles and responsibilities
C. Stakeholder RACI matrix and onion diagram
D. Stakeholder list, roles, and responsibilities
5. The business analysis plan is usually —– with and is a ——- of the overall project plan.
A. Estimated, element
B. Managed, subproject
C. Integrated, component
D. Produced, subset
6. Which statement about business analysis stakeholders is FALSE?
A. They are likely to participate in business analysis tasks.
B. They are a set of roles that must be filled for the project.
C. They have a vested interest in the project and its outcome.
D. They interact with the business analyst in specific ways.
7. What describes how the selected solution approach will deliver the defined solution scope?
A. Implementation approach
B. Solution scope definition
C. Major dependencies
D. Results measurement
8. Who determines what business analysis tasks are appropriate for their project?
A. Change management board
B. Business analysis team
C. Project manager
9. What describes an organization’s business processes, software, hardware, people,
operations, and projects?
A. Business architecture
B. Strategic architecture
C. Enterprise architecture
D. Technical architecture
10. Which knowledge area’ s activities are often performed as pre – project work?
A. Solution Evaluation
B. Strategy Analysis
C. Requirements Analysis
D. Business Architecture
11. Which task describes how business requirements are allocated for implementation?
A. Organize requirements
B. Determine solution approach
C. Allocate requirements
D. Define solution scope
12. When does traceability begin on a project?
A. Business objectives
B. Business need
C. Business problem
D. Business goals
13. What determines the best business analysis approach?
A. Organizational structure
B. Enterprise architecture
C. Business analysis process assets
D. Expert judgment
14. Which technique compares an organization’s strategies, operations, and processes against the “ best – in – class ”strategies, operations, and processes of their competitors and peers?
A. Decision analysis
C. Feasibility study
15. You are communicating functional and nonfunctional requirements to the test team. Which communication mechanism is recommended for this situation?
A. Informal presentation
B. Structured walkthrough
C. Requirements workshop
D. Formal presentation
16. What two outputs are produced when preparing for elicitation?
A. Elicitation results and supporting materials
B. Stated requirements and stakeholder concerns
C. Supporting materials and scheduled resources
D. Scheduled resources and elicitation results
17. Which risk response strategy can be used for both positive and negative risks?
18. Where are the standards located for how and when requirements should be maintained for reuse in an organization?
A. Business analysis plan
B. Metrics and KPIs
C. Organizational Process Assets
D. Requirements structure
19. You are functioning as a temporary apprentice for a day in order to get a hands – on feel for how the current system is being used. This is a variation of which technique?
20. What traceability relationship is used when you are including a requirement that is necessary only if another requirement is implemented?
21. Which two techniques do you use to confirm the stated requirements and stakeholder concerns?
A. Observation or surveys
B. Interviews or focus groups
C. Workshops or interviews
D. Interviews or observation
22. What key input should be available to the business analyst when they are preparing to elicit requirements?
A. Scheduled resources
B. Solution approach
C. Elicitation results
D. Solution scope
23. When eliciting requirements, what technique is used to document any stakeholder concerns?
A. Problem tracking
B. Issue management
D. Lessons learned
24. Which of the following tasks is not part of the Requirements Analysis knowledge area?
A. Verify requirements.
B. Allocate requirements.
C. Organize requirements.
D. Validate requirements.
25. You are preparing to moderate a focus group to elicit stakeholder requirements. Where do you document the session goals and questions to be used?
A. Meeting minutes
B. Moderator notes
C. Discussion guide
D. Not documented
26. What is the formula for calculating the number of lines of communication in a network?
A. (n (2n))/2
B. (n (n 2))/2
C. (n (n 1))/2
D. (n (n 1))/4
27. What are the things you believe to be true on your project but that you have not actually verified?
28. What types of requirements are developed using the tasks found in the Requirements Analysis knowledge area?
A. Business and stakeholder
B. Stakeholder and solution
C. Solution and transition
D. Business and solution
29. You are describing the key objectives of organizing requirements to the project manager. The first objective is to understand what models are appropriate for the business domain and solution scope. What is the second objective?
A. Identify model interrelationships and dependencies.
B. Influence the results of the overall prioritization process.
C. Articulate requirements at the right level of abstraction.
D. Describe stakeholder objectives supported by the models.
30. Which element is not one of the three elements used to assess organizational readiness?
A. Stakeholder impact analysis
B. Technical assessment
C. Cultural assessment
D. Business risk assessment
31. You have decided to prioritize your solution requirements based on a cost – benefit analysis of their relative value to the organization. What is your basis for prioritization?
A. Policy compliance
B. Business risk
C. Technical risk
D. Business value
32. Which task is an ongoing process to ensure that stakeholder, solution, and transition requirements align to the business requirements?
A. Allocate requirements.
B. Validate requirements.
C. Organize requirements.
D. Verify requirements.
33. Which of the following items is not a solution component?
A. Business rules
B. Organization structure
C. Release plan
D. Software applications
34. Which technique assists you in estimating the value and optimizing your approach for the different ways you might choose to allocate your project requirements?
A. Functional decomposition
B. Business rules analysis
C. Decision analysis
D. Process modeling
35. Experienced business analysts are familiar with existing solutions and their capabilities within the organization. This allows them to effectively:
A. Recommend appropriate team members to carry out the solution.
B. Challenge the “ as is ”state and create new paradigms.
C. Identify, assess and implement changes to those solutions.
D. Document those existing solutions to expedite project delivery.
36. Dave has worked for you for eleven months and has commented several times how much he appreciates all the coaching he has received while working for you. He stated that he has learned a lot just by observing your leadership style when working with others in the
organization. This is an example of which of the following types of power?
A. Reward power
B. Expert power
C. Legitimate power
D. Referent power
37. Which knowledge area contains tasks that are performed in order to ensure solutions meet the business need and to facilitate successful implementation of those solutions?
A. Strategy Analysis
B. Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
C. Requirements Analysis
D. Solution Evaluation
38. You are a business analyst applying leadership and facilitation skills to help a larger team reach a decision on a set of solution requirements. You are exhibiting skills from which underlying competency area?
A. Analytical thinking
B. Behavioral knowledge
C. Communication skills
D. Interaction skills
39. Which assessment looks at whether or not the solution is able to meet the business need at an acceptable level of quality?
A. Solution validation assessment
B. Stakeholder readiness assessment
C. Solution performance assessment
D. Proposed solution assessment
40. Kelsey is a junior business analyst who loves learning new skills and techniques to do her job. Whenever possible, she job shadows a senior business analyst on her team to acquire new ideas on how to do her job more efficiently. Haley is best described as which type of learner?
- D. The BA manages business analysis work, thile the PM manages overall project.
- A. Activity descriptions and logical dependencies
- A. Domain
- D. Stakeholder list, roles, and responsibilities
- C. Integrated, component
- B. They are a set of roles that must be filled for the project.
- A. Implementation approach
- B. Business analysis team
- C. Enterprise architecture
- B. Strategy Analysis
- D. Define solution scope
- A. Business objectives
- D. Expert judgment
- B. Benchmarking
- A. Informal presentation
- C. Supporting materials and scheduled resources
- B. Accept
- C. Organizational Process Assets
- B. Observation
- D. Value
- D. Interviews or observation
- D. Solution scope
- A. Problem tracking
- B. Allocate requirements.
- C. Discussion guide
- C. (n (n 1))/2
- C. Assumptions
- B. Stakeholder and solution
- A. Identify model interrelationships and dependencies.
- D. Business risk assessment
- D. Business value
- B. Validate requirements.
- C. Release plan
- C. Decision analysis
- C. Identify, assess and implement changes to those solutions.
- D. Referent power
- D. Solution Evaluation
- D. Interaction skills
- A. Solution validation assessment
- B. Visual