Oracle’s E-Business (EBS) Suite are a group of software applications which are owned by Oracle.
These applications have numerous standard functionalities that can be used to fulfill various organizational business needs.
These applications can be grouped into 3 types and they are:
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Customer Resource Planning (CRM)
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
What are ERP’s, CRM’s and SCM’s ?
- An Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is a software application that can be used to manage the different departments in an organization.
- It is a single application that has various modules which can be used to represent the various business processes in the organization.
- The modules are connected and the data is stored in a centralized database so that once they are inputted, they are accessible by all approved users in the organization.
- This can help to minimize data entry, eliminate duplication of effort and provide access to real time data.
- A Customer relationship management (CRM) system is a software application that is used to manage the organization’s customer relationship business processes.
- It is can be used to help the organization improve its customer relationships and fulfill their strategic goals.
- A Supply chain management (SCM) system is a software application that is used to manage the organization’s supply chain business processes.
- These business processes can start from the resource management planning right down to product delivery.