Agile certifications usually refer to exams or assessments that evaluate a person’s knowledge and understanding of Agile methodologies and practices.
Agile is an iterative and collaborative approach to project management that focuses on flexibility, adaptability, and delivering value to customers.
There are several well-known Agile certifications that individuals can pursue to validate their expertise in Agile frameworks.
Some of the popular Agile certifications include:
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM): Offered by the Scrum Alliance, this certification focuses on Scrum, which is one of the most widely used Agile frameworks.
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM): Provided by Scrum.org, the PSM certification also focuses on Scrum, but it covers more advanced topics and is available in different levels (PSM I, PSM II, and PSM III).
- SAFe Agilist (SA): Offered by Scaled Agile, this certification focuses on the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and is intended for individuals involved in large-scale Agile transformations.
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP): Provided by the Project Management Institute (PMI), this certification covers a broader range of Agile methodologies beyond Scrum, including Lean, Kanban, and XP.
- Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP): This is a certification provided by the Agile Alliance and is designed to validate an individual’s knowledge and experience in agile principles and practices.
- Certified Agile Leader (CAL): This is a certification provided by the Scrum Alliance and is designed to validate the knowledge and experience of an individual in leading and managing agile organizations.
These certifications typically involve studying Agile principles, methodologies, roles, artifacts, and ceremonies, and passing an exam to demonstrate one’s knowledge and understanding.
They are often sought by project managers, Agile coaches, Scrum Masters, and other professionals involved in Agile software development or project management.
These are just a few examples of the many agile exams available.
It is important to research the different options and choose the one that aligns with your career goals and interests.