The requirements life cycle management knowledge area describes the tasks that are used to manage and maintain requirements and design information throughout the life cycle of the solution.
Here are a few sample CBAP/CCBA questions and answers on that knowledge area :
Instruction: Read the questions carefully and choose the BEST options.
- Sam has asked you to trace a particular requirement for him. What does ‘to trace a requirement’ mean?
A. Tracing a requirement means to look at a requirement and the other related requirements. It links risk, cost, quality, and scope elements to stakeholder and solution requirements and to other artifacts created by the team and to solution components.
B. Tracing a requirement means to look at a requirement and the others to which it is related. It links business requirements to stakeholders and solution requirements to other artifacts created by the team and to solution components.
C. Tracing a requirement means to look at a requirement and the others to which it is related. It links business requirements to components in the project’s work breakdown structure
D. Tracing a requirement means to track a requirements from its first identification all the way to its completion to see what issues, risks, costs, quality, and defects have surrounded the requirement
- Which of the following is NOT an input into the Communicate Requirements task?
B. BA Communication plan
C. BA Performance metrics
D. Requirements package
- Jane is a BA working on business analysis using a plan-driven approach. The Marketing team stakeholder group has introduced new requirements, claiming that they will not be able to perform detailed customer analysis unless their requirements are added. However, these new requirements are not within the approved solution scope. Which of the following actions is Jane LEAST likely to take?
A. Amend the new requirements.
B. Change the BA approach to be more change-driven.
C. Amend the solution scope.
D. Facilitate communication between conflicting stakeholders.
- Fred works in the internal audit department at his company. He is in charge of working with a selected group of people that make the decisions regarding the disposition and treatment of changing requirements. What group does Fred work with?
A. Change control board
B. Internal Audit Group
C. Change driven methodology team
D. Change initiative council
- Requirements packages can include all of the following formats EXCEPT:
A. Informal documentation
D. Formal documentation
- _ is used to help familiarize the project team with the existing solution scope:
B. Context scope diagram
C. Requirements workshop
D. Structured walkthrough
- When communicating requirements, which of the following stakeholders usually prefers to have high-level summaries to help them understand the impact of the requirements?
A. Implementation SME.
D. Domain SME.
- Which of the following statements best describe traceability?
A. Traceability metrics are used by the Change Management Board to approve or deny request for change.
B. Traceability assists in managing changes to the requirements that will occur after the requirements are base lined
C. Traceability requirements supplement business requirements and functional requirements.
D. Traceability assists in managing accountability for requirements activities that are performed by stakeholders outside of the requirements team.
- Which of the following must happen to enable requirements re-use?
A. The requirements must be in a document repository
B. The requirements have to be packaged and stored
C. The requirements need to be approved and baselined.
D. The requirements must be clearly named and defined
- You are being tested by a senior BA in your firm and she wants to know which is not true of these statements.
A. Allocation is forward traceability of a requirement
B. Requirement allocation allows the business analyst to trace the subset of requirement that are allocated to each of the solution component
C. Cover relationship between requirement is when a requirement comes from another requirement
D. Communicating requirement is performed in conjunction with most of the task in the other knowledge areas.
- Requirements which are agreed to by stakeholders and ready for use in subsequent business analysis or implementation efforts are termed to be in what state?
- In managing requirements traceability, the value relationship describes:
A. One requirement affects the desirability of another, either positively or negatively.
B. A requirement links to a lower-level requirement.
C. One requirement is only pertinent when another is included.
D. A requirement is a decomposed outcome of another requirement.
- Ongoing requirements are those requirements that an organizational unit is required to be able to meet on a continuous basis. Which of the following is not an ongoing requirement?
A. Service Level Agreements
B. Business Rules
C. Strategic Initiative
D. Quality standards
- __ is generally used when the issuing organization is open to a number of alternative solutions and is seeking information to evaluate possible options.
- Meghan is the Senior BA in a manufacturing company. She uses Work Products during every requirements development process. Which of the following is NOT one of what she uses?
A. Interview questions and notes
B. Stakeholders list
C. Issues log
D. Traceability matrices.
- Which of the following is used when the issuing organization understands the nature of the solution options available to it and is seeking vendors who can implement an option?
- a. RFQ
- b. RFP
- c. RFI
- d. Either RFP or RFQ
- Relationships, Impact Analysis, and Configuration Management System are elements associated with which task in the Requirements Management and Communications Knowledge Area?
- a. Manage Solution Scope and Requirements
- b. Prepare requirements Package
- c. Manage Requirements Traceability
- d. None of the Above
- A business analyst in your organisation encourages teamwork and open communications among the business analysis team and the stakeholders. She wants stakeholders to drop by her office and freely discuss the requirements, the solution scope, and other concerns about the solution she is working on. She definitely prefers informal communications. What is the danger she may experience with informal communications?
- a. There is no danger; informal communications is a preferred business analysis technique.
- b. The stakeholders may not know who’s in charge of the solution.
- c. The stakeholders may address the business analysis team and the project team directly rather than communicate through him.
- d. Stakeholders may miss information and the requirements could become ambiguous.
- Courteville, the sponsor of the exam simulation application project disagrees with the company’s trainers about the user interface and how closely it simulates the actual exam interface. Which of the following is not a conflict resolution approach applicable to this situation?
- a. Communication between the stakeholders
- b. Formal meetings
- c. Third party resolutions
- d. Coverage matrix
- What is the primary reason for a business analyst to use a configuration management system?
- a. To trace large numbers of requirements
- b. To track changes
- c. To maintain versions of the software
- d. To maintain versions of the documentation
- Lily is defining stakeholder requirements for a complex business area.What is the BEST recommendation for Lily to make to the project manager regarding the format options for the requirements?
- a. Stakeholder requirements documentation must be informal.
- b. Stakeholder requirements documentation must be formal.
- c. Stakeholder requirements documentation may be formal.
- d. Stakeholder requirements documentation may be informal.
- Maintenance of requirements can result in all of the following outcomes EXCEPT
- a. Support other activities including training
- b. Facilitate impact analysis of new, proposed changes to the business
- c. Assist in maintenance of previously implemented solutions
- d. Increase analysis time and effort
- In an organization …….… is usually the owner of a vendor selection process.
- a. Sponsor
- b. Purchasing agent
- c. Business Analyst
- d. Project Manager
- A technique that allows the business analyst to manage any issues identified with requirements by stakeholders and ensure that those issues are resolved is called
- a. Problem Tracking
- b. Process Improvement
- c. Root Cause Analysis
- d. Process Modeling
- Which of the following typically involves a specific process and uses sealed bids which will be evaluated against a formal evaluation methodology?
- a. Request for Proposal
- b. Request for Quote
- c. Request for Information
- d. All of the above
- In the Requirements Management and Communication Knowledge Area, this task is used to bring stakeholders to a common understanding of requirements.
- a. Requirements Workshops
- b. Prepare Requirements Package
- c. Structured Walkthrough
- d. Communicate Requirements
- Which of the following is NOT an included in the relationships element of the Manage Requirements Traceability task?
- a. Cover
- b. Impact
- c. Necessity
- d. Effort
- A basis for requirements management that is used to determine whether a proposed requirement supports the business goals and objectives is called
- a. Solution Scope
- b. Baselining
- c. Necessity Relationship
- d. None of the above
- What is the difference between a work product and a deliverable?
- a. One is utilized during requirements development; the other is an outcome that a party has agreed to provide
- b. One is a document or document collection, the other is typically a service or product
- c. None of the above
- d. Both A and B
- Which of the following are inputs to the Maintain Requirements for Re-Use task?
- a. Organizational Process Assets and Requirements
- b. Enterprise Architecture and Communication Plan
- c. Enterprise Architecture and Requirements
- d. Organizational Process Assets and Communication Plan